Steps for Chip Submission
Authors: Carrie Aust
1. Create GDSII file for layout.
- Open Stream Out form from CIW window. File->Export->Stream
- Fill in Library Name, Cell Name, and Output File boxes
- Include layer map in User Defined Data
- Click User Defined Data button in Stream Out form
- Enter the
appropriate file name
for the given technology in Layer Map
If you are using NCSU design kit, you must use CIF output format.
- Click ok.
- Click ok.
- You should get a message stating stream out was successful. The GDSII output file is the file you used in the Output File box.
2. Or Create CIF file for layout
- Open CIF Out form from CIW window. File->Export->CIF.
- Follow all steps from 1. The layer map table is $CDK_DIR/local/pipo/cifOutLayerMap (for the NCSU Kit) with CDK_DIR being the installation path to the kit.
3. Find checksum for output file (GDSII or CIF)
- Retrieve mosiscrc.c from MOSIS web-site at http://www.mosis.org/Customer/Email/mosiscrc.c
- Compile the c language file.
- Use executable to find checksum of file. Record the two numbers that are given. For more information see the MOSIS web page http://www.mosis.org/Customer/Email/email-system.html
- For GDSII
>>a.out -b <GDSII file name>
- For CIF
>>a.out -t <CIF file name>
4. Submitting the Chip....
Use the one-step submission form to submit the chip to MOSIS for fabrication. Refer to http://www.mosis.org/Customer/Email/email-templates.html#one-step for details. The lambda and the technology code are specific to the process your are using. The technology codes and lambda values are found at http://www.mosis.org/Technical/Techcodes/menu-techcodes.html
If you are using the NCSU design kit, the technology code is specific to the kind of devices you are using. All the SCMOS options are given at http://www.mosis.org/Technical/Designrules/scmos/scmos-main.html The options available are specific to the process (see http://www.mosis.org/Technical/Processes/menu-processes.html )The lambda values are given for each of the processes.